Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy 25th Birthday NES

So, I don't think weekend posts are gonna work.  Too much going on during the day, out of the house at night.  I'll probably do Fridays, then Mondays.

In other news, today marks the 25th Anniversary of the original Nintendo Entertainment System's release in the US.

Now at least for me, this was my entry into video gaming.  Before all later systems, NES was king.  My time with NES was brief, as the SNES would become my console of choice shortly after I started gaming, but that time was indeed sweet.  If you don't know how to reach the warp zone in Super Mario Bros world 1-2, I don't think we could be friends.  But since I'm a friendly person, here's how to do it:


And here's a little tirbute video to some of the NES's greatest hits.
(Note: keep the volume off if you hate techno music like I do)

No comments:

Post a Comment