New York 31 New England 20
(Eli Manning file photo)
1. I don't see New England being able to effectively cover both Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz.
2. New England won't be able to deal with New York's pass rush for 4 quarters of football.
3. If Rob Gronkowski's ankle isn't 100%, New York can key on Wes Welker. Then they just need to worry about the next matchup problem: Aaron Hernandez.
Vince Wilfork: He basically won the Baltimore game for New England.
- Madonna's halftime performance will be the best in years.
- Madonna's arms will still freak everyone out.
(Willem Dafoe in drag)
- At least 5 shots of Peyton Manning in the stands.
- The Ferris Bueller commercial will be a let down, reminding us all of Matthew Broderick's career from 1990 onward.
(Although I did just learn he voiced adult Simba in The Lion King)
- Michael Strahan will be shown in a luxury box when the Giants are up.
- Tiki Barber will be shown working the concession stand. Proving once and for all that if you cheat on and subsequently divorce your 8-month pregnant with twins wife for a 22-year-old blonde (Really? Yea really), the public will turn on you and you'll lose your broadcasting career.
(Deal with it)
- At least 3 ex-Patriots players will be hanging out with Bob Kraft in his owners box, with one of them definitely being Tedy Bruschi.
- At least 35 plugs for NBC's new hit 'Smash' with at least 1 truly-afwul tie-in. Like maybe Katherine McPhee is going to sing at some point. And yes, NBC gave the runner-up from American Idol that one year a show (but 'Community' is on hiatus).
(Where is Justin Guarini's show? For that matter, is Ruben Studdard still alive?)
- Puppy Bowl VIII will draw over 10 million viewers. (This actually isn't a joke. Did you realize 9.2 million people watched over the 12 hours it aired last year?)
- Go Daddy will continue to lose business with Danica Patrick and Jillian Michaels as spokeswomen.
(Seriously, them? Are they funny or something?)
Lock Prediction of the Day:
- I won't be going to work on Monday.
Really, can't we just make Super Bowl Monday a national holiday already?